Surrounded by fortified walls, the oldest neighbourhood in Warsaw has many secrets to reveal. A spectacular reconstruction of this entire neighbourhood after nearly total destruction during the Second World War has placed this beautiful portion of the city on the UNESCO heritage list. If you wish to learn more about:
- Where did the city executioner live?
- Was it possible to steal a monastery in the past?
- What was the purpose of the Marszałkowska Tower?
- Where were first meetings of the Sejm of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth held?
- Why did the kings not want to have the windows on the northern and eastern side open?
- How were the quarreling tradeswomen punished?
The walk lasts approx. 2.5 h